The Quote-

"Parenthood is why some animals eat their young"



-by Someone Really Smart

Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of School

Yesterday was Taylor's first day of school. He goes all day now! I'll miss him, especially since he's getting to the point where he's helpful and fun to talk to, but it will be nice to have structure again. And to be able to go grocery shopping without people giving me looks of sympathy as I drag my 2 carts through the supermarket (I refuse to let my kids walk).

And then today was Erik's first day of preschool. Honestly, I have pretty low expectations for a preschool. Mainly I would like them to teach my child that he can't flush random things down the toilet or dump flour everywhere. Except I don't think they'll do that. Maybe I can just hope that he learns that it's rude to take things from other children. And to not eat his boogers.

And here's a picture of Melanie, who's not going to school. She's actually just drooling on herself right here. But she's still cute.
So when I'm getting ready to pick up Erik from school on this same day, Taylor's school calls me to let me know that Taylor really isn't feeling well. Normally I'd tell them that he's probably fine (he can be dramatic at times), but since he never even went to the nurse's office in kindergarten, I went to pick him up. Upon entering the car, he promptly threw up everywhere. Which then made me 10 minutes late picking Erik up on the first day. Now I'm sure they think I'm that mom who's always late. Awesome.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You could have gone straight to Erik's school and told them you needed some help cleaning the car. Then you'd go from being the late mom to the gross one!

Kristy said...

Didn't see an email for you, so replied to your question on the post at Hopeful Threads. Thanks! :)