The Quote-

"Parenthood is why some animals eat their young"



-by Someone Really Smart

Friday, January 1, 2010

Snow Bunnies

Last week, since Kent had the week off, we decided to finally go up to Mt. Rainier and go sledding. Aside from not trying on my snow bibs before leaving and realizing, upon arrival, that the last time I had worn them I hadn't just had a baby, we had a lot of fun! Of course, fun is always a relative term when you have 3 kids ages 4 and under that are forced to endure a 2.5 hour drive- and that's only one way. But they were actually pretty good on the drive. Here they are at the start- all content and excited and making daddy drag them up the hill. That's Melanie in the back in her car seat- we figured she'd be warmest in there and neither of us would have to hold her the whole time, seeing as she slept 90% of the time.


Weeee!!
Erik wanted nothing to do with walking in the snow. He pretty much sat in the sled the whole time. After we pushed him down, he'd lay back in the sled and wait for someone to come and pull him back up the hill. I wish I could be that lazy...

I can't believe how big Taylor is getting! In this picture I had just unzipped my jacket. I bent over behind Taylor so that you can't see the unzipped snow pants that I'm wearing. They fit like spandex, and I'm pretty sure snow pants aren't supposed to be that snug.

I'm a sissy when it comes to sledding. So while we were in line waiting for our turn on the big hill I kept asking Taylor if he was SURE he wanted to go down. And he kept saying, "Yeah, mommy! It's gonna be fun!" Not really.

And here are Taylor and I going down said big hill. What's that? You can't see us? Oh, well that's because Taylor's mom is so lame that she was horrified they were gonna fly into the side bank going what must have been close to 90 mph and tip over. So she drug her feet in a pathetic attempt at steering and sprayed powder everywhere. Needless to say Taylor didn't want to go down that hill again.


Problem solved.







Wait. I think we have a third child somewhere around here... Ahh, here she is. The cute baby snow bunny.

After a lunch of good ol' PB&J's, the kids were about done. We went down a few more times and then they were definitely done. This is what Erik looked like at the end. But really, we all had TONS of fun, despite his look of hysteria.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It sounds fun, but only because I know it's over. The thought of dragging my three kids and all their gear is too much to handle. =)

Amanda said...

Fun. Melanie is a little cutie! She's a good mix of her brothers but in a girl form. I swear Steph, do you ever wipe Erik's nose?! Just kidding. We'll have to try that next year.