The Quote-

"Parenthood is why some animals eat their young"



-by Someone Really Smart

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chattahoochee River Walk

My mom, sister, and nana came out for a visit this past month.  I felt kind of bad considering they went from one hot area to another- not much of a trade.  While they were here we did the city's river walk.  Slightly underwhelming, but I think it had more to do with the fact that it was hot and sticky and it felt like I was taking a walk in a sauna- which I typically don't count as fun.  



I uploaded this next picture to my Facebook account already.  My original caption said, "My three favorite boys!" or something like that.  Yes.  I get mother-of-the-year award.  Because I totally forgot that Austin was in that stroller.  And my friend had to point it out...





Don't let her fool you.  She's cute and all, but man, she's a firecracker.  

One day (after one of her signature meltdowns) Kent said, "You know why she's like that, right?"  I knowingly responded, "Yes.  Because she's the only girl and she's spoiled!"  He looked at me funny and said, "No.  Because she's exactly like you." 

I'm pretending he just wasn't thinking straight when he made that comment.


Everyone says that I look like my mom, but I've always had a hard time seeing it.  Let's hope I at least got her super-human hair that can fall out in handfuls and still have a head full of hair.  I practically had to rake my carpets when she left.



I love this face.  It makes me smile.


3 comments:

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

Way to post! You do look so much like your Mom! Hopefully Melanie has many of your great qualities too, and that's more what Kent was referring to! :)

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

I agree- you and your mom are twins! Both so beautiful! Looks like you are enjoying your 4 kiddos!

Emmy said...

I will often say things like "my kids are at school" or things making it seem like I only have the oldest two- totally leaving out the 2-year-old; and really in a lot of ways he is my favorite :)

By the way, thank you for your kind comments on my Easy Lunch Idea posts- I had one person send me this big old reply about how all of the meals weren't balanced and so what was I teaching my kids- and I was like really? So glad to hear there are others who know what life is really about.