The Quote-

"Parenthood is why some animals eat their young"



-by Someone Really Smart

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More Rolls Than a Bakery

No, I'm not talking about the weight that I'm still carrying around since eating everything in sight when I was pregnant.

Yes, I'm a paranoid mother when it comes to whether Erik is gaining enough weight. Taylor was such a fat baby- he had rolls all over the place. At four months he weighed 16 pounds, 12 ounces. So I figured Erik would be nice and fat, too. But he still doesn't have those adorable arm and leg rolls that Taylor was so blessed with. This is Taylor at four months-
Cute, huh? Look at those arm rolls!
So since Erik isn't spilling out of his clothes, I naturally assume he is the scrawny runt of my small litter. He turned four months on Sunday, so today he had his four month well-baby checkup. As I placed Erik on the scale, I saw my life flash before my eyes, and I held my breath while waiting for the devastating news that Erik would soon wither away to nothing because of his horribly low weight. I managed to take a peek at the scale and... no way. He weighed 16 pounds, 12 ounces. The exact same weight as Taylor at the same time. So that puts them both in almost the 90th percentile for weight and... the 50th for height. I guess our boys are destined to be short and fat.
So here's a pic of Erik at four months, which we took last night. Don't you think Erik looks a bit skinnier?
Earlier today we went to the zoo with Bethany, Carlie, and their whole gaggle. After 4 years by ourselves, it's nice to finally have some family around. Taylor loves hanging with the Hills brood.Footnote: Braden does not have paint on his nose- he simply lost a fight with the floor.

And here's Erik, chillin' on Carlie's shoulder.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love it! I love fat babies. That is so funny that Erik weighs the same as Taylor because he really does look like he has less rolls. Indiana is pretty chubby herself. She has hamhock legs! I love it and I hope it lasts a little while.