The Quote-

"Parenthood is why some animals eat their young"



-by Someone Really Smart

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easter! (...finally)

This Easter was pretty low-key. It was General Conference weekend (woohoo! Church on T.V.!), so we did a lot of lounging around. Saturday night we dyed Easter eggs. I tried the rubber cement egg dying trick, and they actually turned out pretty cute (aside from the fact that a lot of them were a pale vomit color since Erik would dunk each egg in every color we had).Taylor looks so old in this picture! I guess he's not a baby or toddler anymore. I always picture Pinnochio because I think, "He's a real boy!"Erik did away with the egg dipper and just used his hand.

The past two years our neighbors have gone around to the houses on our street and painted bunny footprints on the porch. So our porch would look like this on Easter morning. This is the picture from last year-

I didn't really give it much thought. That is, until Taylor ran to the front door, looked outside, and said in the saddest little voice, "Mommy, the Easter Bunny didn't come!" Apparently our neighbors were in Oregon for the weekend. Oops. So I told Taylor the Easter Bunny was running late, ran him upstairs, and quickly painted some footprints on our porch.

Anyway, I kind of slacked off this Easter. I usually get the boys a book about Jesus for their baskets, but I hadn't made it to any bookstore. So they had a couple pieces of candy and a little stuffed animal. Oh, and some paper grass. But they didn't care and were totally excited to look for Easter eggs.

Inspecting their loot.

This Easter I made "Jesus Biscuits" with the boys. Ever heard of 'em? You get those Pillsbury biscuits, wrap a marshmallow inside (representing Jesus) and then bake them. The marshmallow melts, so it's empty inside, just like the tomb on Easter morning. Anyway, we made them, and afterwards Taylor says, "Mom, I don't want a Jesus biscuit. Thanks, though." Maybe next year...

2 comments:

Kent Saunders said...

Thanks for the post. It's nice to get updates about my family while I work away, such as tonight.

Jennifer said...

Brilliant way to dry the eggs Stephanie! Totally using your idea next year and every year after!