The Quote-

"Parenthood is why some animals eat their young"



-by Someone Really Smart

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

These are the pics we used for our Christmas cards this year. It had been a cold weekend, and that Monday it started to snow. I was talking with my friend, Tara, and she said, "Wouldn't the snow make for such beautiful Christmas card pictures?"

So naturally I had to drag my family out into the freezing weather. Without coats (because what's the point of matching outfits if they're covered up?). And then yell at the boys to stop getting dirty, and won't you PLEASE, for the 20th time, stop putting your hands in the snow or your hands will get wet and then you'll whine because they're too cold? And no, I don't have any snacks! And don't look at dad while he's running to get into the picture- look at the camera!

Anyway, Tara was right. They made for some awesome pictures, even if we were all shivering and had snot running down our noses because it was so cold. Lucky for you we didn't include those pics in the Christmas card.



And because I'm so proud of the fact that it wasn't a complete catastrophe, yes, I made Melanie and I matching skirts. Well, my first skirt was a catastrophe, but that's beside the point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike and Tanya said...

You made those skirts! Wow! I was going to ask you were you found them because they're adorable, but you made them! That's awesome! I love them, and your family pictures r great!