The Quote-

"Parenthood is why some animals eat their young"



-by Someone Really Smart

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Tulip Festival

Seeing as how I don't scrapbook, I figure I should probably keep the blog updated. I know it's been four months, but hey, I've been kind of busy (okay, maybe you can say, "lazy," but we'll just say "busy" for now).

Every year there's a Tulip Festival about an hour and a half away from us. This is the first year we actually went. I'm sure anyone from Holland would probably laugh at it, but I thought it was beautiful. And of course the place was covered in mud. Which means my kids ended up absolutely filthy.

We also met up with some friends there. Here are Taylor and Erik and sweet little Brooklyn.
Melanie was always on the floor. She would run and just fall down and roll over in the mud. And then small groups of Asian people would come over and laugh at her.
See- I told you there was lots of mud.


It was like pulling teeth trying to get the boys still enough for this picture.



There was a grass field next to the tulip fields. The kids wasted a lot of energy running around in it.


Pretty, ain't it?

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Very prettier! Almost as pretty as you living within driving distance of me. When do you arrive? Josh wants to come help unload. I told him you have movers to do that, but we'd still love to come help unpack or share pizza on the floor.

Kimberly said...

Uh, very pretty. Whatever. I'm tired.

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

I do miss that tulip festival--they were so beautiful! Did you go to the one down south? Great pictures and your kids are cute as always, even covered in yucky mud. :)

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

I'm obsessed with tulips!! Those pictures looked amazing! I want to be there right now.