The Quote-

"Parenthood is why some animals eat their young"



-by Someone Really Smart

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Comfort Eating

Erik has been really cranky lately since he's been teething. His first ones that he got when he was six months didn't really bother him. In fact, I didn't even realize he was teething until we were at the doctor and she said, "Oh, look, he has two teeth coming in!" The past 4 days or so he has been miserable. He'll just start crying out of the blue, he'll crawl after me bawling, he'll loudly protest if I put him down, and he'll pull on my legs and wail. So this morning, when I'm cleaning the kitchen, I realize that I haven't heard from him in a while. On a regular day it's normal, but lately it isn't. So I go to see what he's into...

I had left the closet open where I keep all my bags and purses. He had pulled everything out of my diaper bag and had rummaged through it until he found a bag of cookies that I had stashed away in there. Needless to say he didn't want to give it up.
And here's Erik pushing his little walker along. He loves the thing.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I like how he is pushing it sideways. Creativity or just brute strength?

Megan said...

He sounds like Cali teething. He's so old. I love how Taylor is beating up someone while mommy's not looking.

Rosalyn Francis said...

He is beautiful. Where'd he get those amazing eyes, I wonder!